8/03/2008

Halloween OOAK Black Cat Needlepunch Pillow Tuck


My launch project is finished!

Today begins our "Autumn Colors of New England" Launch
with my New England Primitive Gathering group on eBay. This NEPG launch will run for one week.

My design was inspired by a note received from fellow member, Joyce. It was a cute couple of whimsical black cats on an orange background.

I drew a similar single black cat, and embellished the border with some candy corn, and the word "BOO". I punched the design with 6-strand floss over weaver's cloth using a gripper frame and locking hoop.

I soaked it in walnut crystals, to soften the colors, and stitched the design to some black wool, using linen and wool yarn. Four rusty bells are attached to each corner.

This pillow was stuffed with 100% soft sheep's wool and a generous scoop of lavender and measures 6 1/2" x 8".

I will have a very hard time parting with this one!



3 comments:

TamboinMO said...

I love everything about this....the freaky cat, the colors, the sawtooth candy corns....love, Love , LOVE it!!! Any chance you'd offer this as a paper pattern? How cute would that be hooked?!

Tammy said...

It's gorgeous! Excellent work! I love all of the items you included. It's sure to be a good seller.
Tammy

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Boo-tiful!!! :)
Love the colors and the fun little cat.