8/24/2008

I Love Terrye French patterns!

After a year of not painting, I find Terrye French's patterns so refreshing! I feel like I am on a roll. Now if I could just get a few days off from work...(grin).

Having oodles of canvas to work with,
I plan on making a ton of door greeter-
banner-flags...whatever.


This is an adorable Santa design!


I love her designs so much,
I decided to translate this one
in needlepunch!

I love it!

I find keeping the dimensions within my gripper frame
creates a nice sized pillow tuck.

I recently purchased this multi light colored
wool yarn in Searsport, and it was perfect
for this snow scene on denim.

Today I finished a Maxine Thomas pattern on
a canvas banner, and it's drying at the moment.
It will be a perfect accent for a teacher's
classroom or office. I can't wait to present it.

My next project will be a primitive pumpkin Jack.
I painted this a while ago on a pelt board, and
think it will be cool as a long skinny door banner.
I hope it will be finished by next weekend. It's
a long holiday weekend, and I am so ready!
Labor Day means the tourists will go home,
and we can have our ocean back.
Bring on Indian Summer!

See you then~ Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi sam!
oh my good ness! i love your paintings and needle punch work!
your blog is wonderful! i will be back often!
:)
melissa

Sheri said...

I love the needlepunch you did. I paint too and have many patterns that I would like to hook. Where can I find Terrye French's patterns?
Sheri

Gollywobbles said...

Hi Sheri
If you "google" Terry French, you will find her website, as well as many sites that carry her patterns! You will love her patterns~so easy to work with! Thanks for the compliment!
~Sam Johnson

Gollywobbles said...

Hi Melissa!
Thanks for stopping by, and for the nice compliment. Can't wait to get my cute pug ornie from you! ~Sam

Country*Road*Primitives said...

I love your work... simply one of the best artists I enjoying peeking in on :)

I am nominating you for the Primitive Excellence award! Please visit my blog to grab the award. Then...

1.) Copy and put the Award Logo on your Blog.
2.) Add a link to the Person who awarded you.
3.)Nominate 7 blogs who haven't received the award yet.
4.) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5.) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs!

Sam I Am said...

yummmm...terrye's pattern is yummy..and so is your painting!!! Love these!!!!