8/10/2008

Primitive Needlepunch Pillow Tuck


"Summer Garden"
This pillow was created using a pattern by
Lacey Jane Primitives,
found in a Create a Decorate magazine.

I decided to reduce the pattern intended for rug
hooking and use it for a needle punch project.


I finished punching the design in 3 days,
with minor distractions.


Toby, my new kitty decided,
he really likes my gripper frame.
He looks snug as a bug here doesen't he?

At the rate he is eating, he won't
fit here very long.


Finished in the frame.



The back side sometimes looks as good as the front.


Preparing for the walnut crystal "bath".

The finished design was stitched to some
yummy sage green wool I purchased from
Skip To My Ewe on eBay.

I stitched around the design with 100%
wool yarn, and linen thread.

The pillow tuck is filled with a combination
of Sheep's Wool, flax seed, and a generous
portion of lavender buds.

It smells heavenly when squeezed~
Thanks for looking~!

2 comments:

Linda said...

OMGoodness Sam! What Super work you've done here!! I can't wait to see everything when you're all done! And I have to say, that little kitty is just the Super Sweetest Ever!!

~Linda

BeFRuiTFuL said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous. Plus your cat reminds me of mine. Right in the middle of anything I am doing.

Have a great day,
JoEllen of BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS