10/13/2008

Newman and Laddie


Luckily I have a 3-day weekend off from work.
It's been a hectic week.
Started with my mom being
admitted to the hospital,
and spent 3 nights there.
I was supposed to go away
for the weekend, and attend a
fair in Searsport Me.

It wasn't meant to be.
(my 2nd no-show fair this season)

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball,
and you just have to roll with it.

I cancelled the fair, and spent time with mom.
Once I knew she was snug and cozy in her home,
I settled into my studio looking for
something to spark an interest.


Well I had this really cute pattern from
Pam Gracia of Soft in the Head,
sitting in a basket with some
festive halloween fabric.

I had really good intentions to make a
pumpkin head like Julius Bump, but time
got away from me.....

So.... I have this really cool White
virgin wool, and it was soooo yummy
to work with.

Since I was behind the 8-ball for a
halloween project, I'm ahead of the
game with snowmen.


I made Newman in a really cool suit
with coat tails. He has lavender buds
in his head and hands. His flannel
clothes were bathed in a spicy oil
scent, and dried in the sun. His arms
and legs are wired, making him very
flexible for posing. I didn't dare
to distress the wool for this project.
The wool was too costly to mess with,
but I might try a tiny experiment...



I made a shaker head named Laddie,
mounted on a green textile bobbin.
He sits in this tall
green glass candlestick that makes a
perfect display stand.

Well, I do have a fair coming up
on November 1st...so I better whip
up some santas too!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Annie said...

I love your Annies and would love to purchase one (?) Are you at any local NH fairs...I am from Southern Maine. Annie

Gollywobbles said...

Hi Annie,
I will be at Hampton, NH Jr. High School on November 1st with all my Annies for sale! Thank you for the compliment. E-mail me for directions if interested, or to purchase an Annie directly.

Take care, Sam Johnson gollywobbles@verizon.net

naomisnotions said...

I love your snowman!!! He is so cute!!! You did an awesome job! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

(((HUGS)))

Naomi

Doreen said...

These are adorable. I love them.

Blessings,
Doreen

BirchBerry Farms said...

I LOVE your attitude Sam---sometimes it just is not meant to be---and these guys are DARLING!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words in my blog---you are a good friend and I am blessed to know ya!