10/27/2008

Snowmen Shakers on textile bobbins


I love snowmen, and making
these little guys was a blast.
All made the same, and all
very different personalities.


My mom rummaged through my recycle bin
to save the blue bottles. I'm glad she did.


I love the hollow green glass candlesticks.
They are perfect stands for shakers.


The blue bottles really makes the blue glass eyes pop!


This gal is another one of my discarded projects,
that took on a totally new direction.

A year ago, I made spindle santas and dolls,
and this body never made it. So it was abandoned.

The cloak didn't fit the body,
or any body for that matter.

I decided to wire her arms, and loved the
shape they took, and one thing led to another.

I found a string of bulbs, and pulled out a
feather tree from the garage...and
a little blush, sheeps wool for the hair,
vintage pearl buttons, and pearl brooch,
clove eyes and painted lips...
and another project done. LOL!

Ok, so I've been burning the midnight oil
getting ready for a craft fair....
you gotta have some fun don't ya think?

Come join me at the fair~

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Sam, I tried emailing you for directions but maybe it didn't get thru. I may be able to swing by on my way to MA. Not sure as it seems the fair starts at 10? Can you give directions?

Annie

naomisnotions said...

I LOVE your snowmen!!! They are sooooo neat! Those eyes really do pop out!

I hope you have lots of sales this weekend. Let us know how it goes!? :)

Naomi