2/22/2009

Spindle Doll and Cross Stitch Pillow


I woke up Saturday morning really early.
I had an image of a primitive doll in my head.
I couldn't get her out of my mind, so I knew
I would be making this doll.

I was inspired by a doll I had seen at Cottage Herbs,
as well as a pattern I had seen in Kindred Spirits.

She was created without mishap or distraction.
I originally thought she would be smaller, and
she was intended to be hung as a greeter or wall hanger.

I just had an urge to work with wool.
It felt so good
to do the stitching.

As I began cutting her out,
I remembered this spindle.
The rest is history.



Her name is Pheobe.
She is available on WSOAPP.


Cross Stitch is another passion I have been doing lately.

I haven't done it in a while, because it's the kind
of project that feels like it drags on forever.

I'm very impatient, but this pillow
worked up fast enough.

I am very fond of Lori Markovic's designs.
I was very sad to learn she has
retired from designing patterns.

I used over-dyed Valdani floss for this project.
The colors are all varigated, and in soft hues.
Good Stuff.

Well thanks for peeking.
Time to get dinner in the oven....

2 comments:

naomisnotions said...

Great work! I love that mini quilt. You sure have been busy.

I hope things are going well? :) Hopefully when the snow is gone we can get together. I miss you! :)

Naomi

Cazzie!!! said...

So gorgeous! You are wonderful with your hands! My girls and one of my sons has just begun to take part in doing some cross stitching. I bought some little kits and away we all went...it is so relaxing :)