4/11/2009

My Cat is obsessed with wool!

My projects and supplies are kept in the basement,
where the cat is NOT allowed.

Tyler was doing laundry, and obviously "preoccuppied",
shut the door with the cat IN THE BASEMENT....


My kitty Tobey is less than a year old,
and can sniff wool, in any form, and
WILL FIND IT!

He has an incredible ability to
smell wool. If he gets his paws on it,
he will drag it off to a remote corner,
to ATTACK and play with it...

My boiled wool sweater has been snagged
from the hanger in the closet....

I found him running room to room (with glee)
with a ball of wool yarn, tangled into everything....

He snagged one of mom's BEST raggedy dolls
with wool hair, and tried to drag it upstairs
before our eyes...

The funniest story is when my son left
for college, and left the door to his
bedroom open....Tobey managed to find
the head to his Halloween Chicken costume,
and tried sneak it downstairs in his
teeth with difficulty because it was
bigger than him! He was attracted to the
wisps of wool hair....

This is what I get for procrastinating....
I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a pillow,
or NOT, and had this hooked project tucked a little
out of sight, until I felt like finishing it.

Last night Tim casually said, I found Tobey
in the basement after Tyler left him there...

It didn't sink in, until I headed downstairs
to check my e-mails this morning!

Now I have to do some "damage control"....




If I turn my back for one second,
and leave the cover off my floss box
....this is what happens EVERY TIME.

Luckily, he can't fit in my gripper frame anymore!

Quilts are a good thing!

Always on alert!
NOTHING is safe!

Tobey happily perches on your shoulders,
as it gives me a better advantage to scope things out...

He LOVES food,
especially fresh chicken or pot roast.

Hannah and Tobey

I fell in love with him then,
I'm still in love with him now...

Life would be boring without a little mishief here and there!

Do you have a cat obsessed with wool?

6 comments:

Belinha said...

So beautiful...

If you like cats see http://farruscas.blogspot.com

Brenda, The Vintage Polka Dot said...

awww despite the damage...how can you not love his sweet face!

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

What a cutie, I don't have a cat but I do have a small Miniature Pinscher who is obsessed with my wool and snuggles with my yarn...go figure. Love your hooked creation.

Sunshines*Creations said...

That's too cute.. I remember having to hand feed my kitty... She's not into wool as much as gets into anything else...My neices 3 cats on the other hand you leave it they get at it... The 3 of them had tore open 2 treat bags and managed to hide them under the fridge... Gotta lovem though... :)

Kaela

JoAnn Phillips said...

This is really spooky! My cat, Tobias, is obsessed with fabric. Our clothes, towels, sheets, blankets - nothing is safe. He'll drag it around the house and knead it with his paws and then leave it in a pile in the middle of the floor. He looks exactly like your cat. Same markings and color. He also loves to perch on our shoulders to get a better look of whatever we are eating. He was abandoned by his mother in some hedges. We found him with his umbilical cord still in tact and he had to be bottle raised. He is the love of my life but very mischievous!

JoAnn Phillips said...

This is really spooky! My cat, Tobias, is obsessed with fabric. Our clothes, towels, sheets, blankets - nothing is safe. He'll drag it around the house and knead it with his paws and then leave it in a pile in the middle of the floor. He looks exactly like your cat. Same markings and color. He also loves to perch on our shoulders to get a better look of whatever we are eating. He was abandoned by his mother in some hedges. We found him with his umbilical cord still in tact and he had to be bottle raised. He is the love of my life but very mischievous!