5/17/2009

Butterflies, Angels and Demons


My latest needlepunch project.


I pulled random colors out of my floss stash,
and hand drew this whimsy butterfly.


I misplaced my medium size needle,
and had to use the small size, which required
that I use 3-ply floss for this project.

I gently stained the design area,
and attached it to a small paper mache box,
painted in complimentary colors of
Heritage Brick and Flesh tone.

I stitched a brick red wool yarn
around the edge with linen thread.

I finished the box by buffing with
a dark color wax paste.

Yesterday my son Tyler, (while working for Yankee Clipper Landscaping), helped set up the Red Carpet and Landscaping at the Portsmouth Music Hall for Dan Brown's premiere of "Angels & Demons". Dan Brown (author of The Divinci Code) attended school locally, and arranged this gala event.

Unfortunately, even though my son took tons of photos, he is missing his cable to download the photos from his camera...(darn it). Hopefully soon, I'll be able to share some of his stunning photos of the displays.

He arrived home mid-afternoon, dirty, tired and beat, but exhilarated at the same time. He couldn't wait to show me his photos, before going to grab some zzzzz's. He needed to return to work at 10:30 last night to remove everything they setup. He arrived home from work at 4:30 AM this morning.


Angels and Demons Premiere ~ Portsmouth, NH

Seacoast Online
"Author Dan Brown stops to chat with Seacoast Sunday reporter Gina Carbone after he walks the red carpet at The Music Hall on Saturday evening at the Portsmouth premiere of “Angels & Demons.” Brown, an Exeter native who now lives in Rye Beach, invited more than 600 friends and family members to share the evening with him."

1 comment:

Lana said...

Your needlework is lovely!

Thanks so much for dropping by and entering the giveaway!