5/23/2009

Primitive Cat with Personality


This is one of those projects that flows
smoothe from start to finish....

I was doing laundry, feeling a little distracted,
and I happened to look at this kitty fabric,
hanging above the washing machine,
as if I had never seen it before.

(I hang fabric on hangers on a pole there)


This vision of a primitive cat
took shape in my mind.....

I could feel the juices begin to flow,
as my mind started thinking of other things....
black textile bobbin, black tulle,
skelton fish charm....black tinsel....


I grabbed some muslin, and cut out this
vision in my head.

Sew, stuff, paint, sand, stain.
Add skirt ruffle, charm choker,
"Pasties"? my mom asked?
NO....it's a bikini top!!!!

Well, this is the beginning
of my cat-on-a-bobbin series....
Bob-cats!
LOL!

Meet SKAT....
Bio:
Loves Fish
Limbo Champ
Sun Worshipper
"Dancing with the Stars" fan....


This was so much fun to make
a primitive creation....
stay tuned for more Bob Cats!

Thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

Toooooo Cute! Love his ooops her little tah tahs and low slung skirt!
Don't you just love when things fall together so perfectly!

naomisnotions said...

She is just too cute!!! I love her! I can't wait to see more. :)

Naomi