5/24/2009

Spring ~ 2009


Just last week, as I was leaving for work,
my eye caught a glimpse of dew,
on the hostas, sparkling in the morning sun,
after a night of frost ....


The Orioles are back!
Luckily, armed with my camera, I was
able to catch a little competition
for the oranges and grape jelly.


I wanted to capture the flowers
demanding attention in my garden yesterday...

My sweet woodruff was a single plant 2 years ago,
and now covers a fair amount of territory.
I love how it is blooming and spreading.

I managed to attach 3 birdhouses to
porch posts placed in my garden last year.

My dad made these birdhouses before he died,
in May of 1995. It is time to use them
after all these years. I'm sure he's smiling...


Don't you just love garden ornaments?
The Buddha and angel in the top row,
as well as the knight in armor,
were purchased at yard sales for
a $1 each last weekend!!!

The bottom Buddha and angel
lower right are gifts from my boys.

The chair was abandoned on the
side of the road.


Yesterday, Tim scored HUGE points with me.
He rototilled my new garden.

The frames are a birthday gift
that he made for me this year.
Both measure 4' x 8'.

THEN, he picked a yard of loam
for the beds!

WAIT, that's not all!

On our way to get the loam,
I spotted FREE railroad timbers...
but they were way too heavy for
Tim and I....so....when my son
got home, he and Tim went back, and
brought me home 3 timbers to line
my garden bed.
OH my gosh, they fit Perfect!


I got a few chuckles about the fence,
and shutters on the end.
That' ok, that's going to support
my Morning Glories and Sunflowers!
Too cool.
I can see the vision,
and I know they can't.
That's ok...they will in time!

My best wishes to you and your families,
this Memorial Weekend...

My deepest thanks to the ones
away at war, and may God speed
them home safe and sound.
Pray for Peace.

2 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

I so love yard art and sunflowers. Your garden is bursting with color and creativity.
I had an old wood chair that I had outside. I lined the seat with chicken wire and then peat moss. I filled it with soil and planted a few herbs in it. It was so beautiful. It finally bit the dust. I need to do that again.
Your bleeding hearts are gorgeous!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Amazing pics!
And a few years ago, we decided to use railroad ties to make our raised garden beds. And by "we" I mean my husband. I mostly was in charge of watching. :)