6/14/2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away....


Looking out my kitchen door,
I can see it's going to be one of those days.

The weather isn't looking promising for our plans
of taking a cruise in the harbor today with the kids.

This is what's left of our evening deck fire,
still smokin', defying the early morning rain...


Yesterday I started my weekend taking my mom
out for a morning of tag sale hunting....

I got this tiny stained glass lamp,
plus a glass candlestick and frame for repurposing.

It turned into a pretty warm day,
too hot to play in the gardens,
and too late to start a project,
so I cleaned out my furnace room.

It's a little room off my studio
where I can stick things out of the way.


I'm a pack rat when it comes to saving boxes
of various sizes, and yesterday I heaved them.

Now I can actually get at things,
and see the various possibilites of
new projects. YAY!

I almost worked on purging my closets,
but Tim talked me into going shopping
for a portable fire pit instead.....

First we feasted on fresh fried cod!


A couple weekends ago, I started painting
furniture for my Fall Festival fair in September.

I need to make a couple doll crib quilts,
raggedy dolls for the little chairs,
and some hooked rug covers for the little
ironing boards in the corner.

That inspiration came from Searsport Rughooking!
It was so darned cute, I thought, I can do that!


Anyway, if it's going to be a rainy day,
and we don't go out on the boat,
I will probably finish the edges on this
skeleton needlepunch project, and attach it
to a paper mache box.


While I'm painting the box black,
I may as well prep the sugar mold
for my next project.


I love this John Sliney pattern, and have
a wooden sign that I would like to make as a
complimentary piece to the candle holder.

I will adapt the moon and sheep to fit the sign.
Well now you know my plans for the day.
May your day be filled with whatever makes YOU happy!
Thanks for visiting....Chao!

1 comment:

Rustic Country Handcrafts said...

Sam,

Everything is so cute. Looks like you will have plenty for the Fall Festival. How did you like using the Oxford punch? Did you use wool 8's or yarn?
Deb