11/27/2009

WIP + Long Weekend = Happy Me


Work-in-Progress #1

I have 2 extra days off with the holiday,
and I'm not sure what to finish first.

I decided to experiment with these nesting
paper mache boxes by covering them with fabric.

My inspiration to attempt this,
is from 2 different tutorials by
Primitive Betty's and
Blackbird Designs

I combined both techniques, and need to
antique them after a little sanding.
I really love the fabrics, and think
a little antique rub will soften them up a bit.



They are almost cured.
I used Modge Podge, and did paint
OVER the fabric.
I think I might not do that step
next time. But it really does dry clear.
The inside of all three boxes are
painted a bittersweet chocolate.
I painted over the fabric that overlaps
from the sides. It's a good cover.


Work-in-Progress #2

This is a BEFORE photo of a tiny hutch
I purchased at a yard sale.

I have removed the door, to have a better
handle on sanding and painting black.

Then I will sand it some more, and decide
if I want a second color over it.....

Not sure if I want to leave the door off.
I will have to putty up the holes first,
so that means more work.....hmmmm....



Work-in-Progress #3

Lastly I have these large oval nesting
paper mache boxes that I'm base coating black.
I will sand and apply a second coat.

I haven't decided which colors to use,
but they will be distressed lastly,
and I will probably use 3 different colors
like a barn red, mustard, and khaki.
I might leave the lids black.

I plan to stencil the words in black:
Woolens ~ Antiques ~ Primitives

It's currently a dull, drank & dreary day,
but we all know it's my favorite creating weather....

I decided to cook a spiral ham & lasagna yesterday
for Thanksgiving, and cook the bird today, which
forecasted to be more cold and raw day.

That was a good plan, as I needed a day
yesterday to collect myself after putting
my kitten to sleep.

Now I need to heal my spirit, and creating is a
good outlet for my aching heart.

I hope you will enjoy your day my friends.

No comments: