2/20/2010

Buford Bunny and Clay dolls in progress


I immediately fell in love with Robin's
Buford Bunny doodle offered on her site
Bird in the Hand Primitives

She is very generous with her doodles,
and offers wonderful prim patterns,
to adapt to applique or needlepunch,
or whatever. Very talented gal!
I love, love, love her style.

I used random colors out of my floss stash,
and punched him with a few penny eggs around the
border, then distressed it with walnut ink,
scented with a wonderful oil,
and stitched him on a wool pillow tuck.

I pinned a brown grosgrain ribbon with
small rusty pins, to hang him,
and added rusty bells on the corners.


I've been slowly working on cloth & clay dolls.
I hope to mold hands and shoes today,
and hopefully paint and crackle tomorrow....
and eventually clothe them (the fun part).


This is my first attempt!
I think a little aging process is in order.

4 comments:

Diane said...

You have such a wonderful talent!!

Robin said...

Wow...another amazing freebie finish !! He looks wonderful and I love how you finished him on the wool pillow with the rusty bells...Too cute !!
I hope it is ok for me to add your pic on my blog also ???
Thank you for the oh so kind comments about my doodles !! It warms my heart and is such encouragement !!
Robin

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Wow! I love your Rabbit piece. The colors you chose are so perfect. Thanks for sharing your WIP's. I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress. Any hopes for any work like this to be in PFATT M.?

Emelie said...

Hi, I was checking out some of the blogs from people doing faces at Nora's and found your wonderful blog and great things. I do some rung hooking also, I aven't for a while, I got on this face thing.
I use recycled clothing. Such fun and pretty things you do. thanks for the visit.