12/16/2010

Art with Heart - Santa Give-a-way

After learning about Cherie Stannard's heart breaking story,
I decided to have a give-a-away to
help spread the word about her.

Her life was forever changed in a moment.
To participate to win this prim Santa,
simply post a comment here,
and please post a link
on your site to Cherie's page.

If you don't have a site,
simply post a link to this post,
and send it to your contacts via e-mail.

Cherie's friend, Elizabeth Nelson St. Hilaire organized a
fundraiser to raise awareness and funds
to help the family in their time of need.
Other artists joined together to create a beautiful
hardbound book "Art with Heart" which can be
previewed on Elizabeth's or Cherie's page.

Donations may also be made without making a purchase.
If you can't make a donation,
just spread the word.

I will choose a winner on
December 23rd,
and Santa will be mailed Christmas Eve
by Priority US Mail to domestic addresses or
 Parcel Post to international addresses.
Santa is made of Osnaberg Fabric
bathed in Walnut Crystals, Coffee & Vanilla.
Nose and eyes are needle sculpted.

He is mounted on a wooden spindle
with a square base, that has been distressed.
Sheet music has been collaged
to the spindle to add a touch of whimsy.

He wears a tan polka-dot suit.
Accented with cream fur and rusty bells.

His hair and beard is 100% Sheep's Wool
from dear friends in Maine.

He was made with love,
is signed and dated,
and ready to travel to his new home.

The holidays represent a time of giving.
Please help spread the word.

9 comments:

Terrie said...

Sam,this is such a good thing you are doing. I will post the link on my Facebook page to spread the word

softinthehead said...

Done....added it to my blog! Merry Christmas my friend! Pam

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I am also adding to my blog and posting a link to spread the word.

Denise
http://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com

Lance Carlson said...

a wonderful thing that you are doing........going to link this at my BLOG

Lance Carlson said...

what a great idea! i will post this to my blog
http://lcartist.blogspot.com

MARY ELIZABETH said...

Thank you for your thoughtful and generous act act of caring with heart!I posted a link to my Facebook presence!

Lance Carlson said...

not sure why my comments are not posting..........if i refresh and there are 30 comments i will be embarrassed
LC
http://lcartist.blogspot.com

cottageprims said...

Want a adorable giveaway and so thoughtful of you to help others at the same time.I'm posting a link on my blog and will donate what I can.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Janie said...

Sam, I learned of this through Soft in the Head's blog. Wonderful what you and Pam are doing to help Cherie, and since I don't have a blog, I will include the link to her page in my "Merry Christmas" message to all on my mailing list.

Thank you for the chance to help.
Janie P