4/30/2013

Color Splash




I've been pretty quiet of late.
The last two weeks, I've been fighting
a head cold, relapse and fatigue.

So, I gave in to rest.
My body may have slowed down,
but my mind could not stop.







I put a serious dent in my sari ribbons!


This journal has 98 pages of 
painted papers, waste paper, wallpaper, 
scrapbook paper, card stock and fabric.

There are 3 signatures, each with an outer folio
of fabric stitched with ribbons, lace, 
buttons and mixed stitches.

I created assorted pocket 
crannies to hold hidden tags.
A large button on the front, and a 
sari ribbon sewn to the back.
This makes a perfect closure
to keep the journal safe 
with lots of potential to expand.




5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is fabulous! I'm sure it will end up in my Etsy favs! you are so talented!

Conni vom Atelier Tante Trulla said...

It's a beautiful book, Sam. :)

Gayle said...

What a fun, fun project! Can you tell me where I could buy some sari ribbon? I've been wanting to get some cuz I'd like to try hooking with it.... Thanks!

Kim Mailhot said...

So glad you are feeling better. This spring has been hard for so many.
Love the colorful and whimsical journal ! Fab !
May the sea winds and warmer temps from this week make you all better !

Bambi Jayne said...

I love this! Super cute!