7/14/2013

Pretty in pinks - an organic journal

Come peek inside my new journal....

Scrappy journal bag.

I was inspired to make this bag
 by DJ Pettitt

 Sari ribbon bow closure.


Pom Poms to dress up the top.

I attached two purple stones to the wax ribbon ends 
to use as place holders.  
They came from a discarded necklace.

.
 The ties are inky muslin to clean up other projects.
The buckles are recycled from a goodwill outfit.

The covers are an assortment of leftover inky papers
inspired by Traci Bautista.

 I need to practice getting the signatures more snug.
The inside cover has a pocket.

 The pages are assorted inky papers,
card stock, wallpaper and scrapbook papers.

 The wallpapers are glued together to cover the
design, and on the backs where there was text,
I covered that with inky papers.

Some papers are stitched,
and others are glued.

I love how these little gems sparkle.



*bling*!

 This journal has 4 signatures
with a total of 64 pages.











The back cover also has a pocket
with my designer label.

The back.

The end....





3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this one so much! I just looked in your Etsy shop. Do you ever make journals for your shop? I'm trying to be creative this afternoon and need to start over again! lol Sweet hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye on your Etsy shop! Hugs! Happy creating!

Chris said...

Hi Sam, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/