8/05/2013

Sherbet Journal


I made a rainbow journal similar to this one recently.
This journal was made by request,
and is reserved for Karen
This is a sneak peek preview.
(Click on photos to enlarge)

 This color combination reminded me of
sherbet or sorbet ice cream.


(front cover)
I made a scrappy cover for the journal to match,
using the left over scraps.
I was asked to incorporate an explosion
of ribbons to match the journal.
It felt overwhelming to me.
So I decided to leave off the ribbons,
and squared off the bottom instead.
The sari ribbon doesn't quite match
the journal, but it felt right with the cover.


(back cover)

(Front Journal)
The ribbons are scraps from the journal,
ribbons and matching fabric remnants.

(Back Journal)
The journal has an ivory ribbon 
to tie into a bow to maintain the 
expected expansion.


View of the snug journal in the bag.

Detail back cover

Detail front cover

 Three signatures - 80 combined pages in total
Each signature includes one outer fabric folio.
Each fabric folio has a pocket on each of 4 pages
(total of 12 pocket pages)

A combination of fabric, wallpaper, 
scrapbook, card stock papers
as well as miscellaneous painted papers.
If Karen decides this isn't what she had in mind 
for a journal, I will list it in my Etsy Shop.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This really is so fabulous! I would love to have one....some day! Enjoy your week my friend! Happy creating!

Cameron said...

I just love all those colors! What love and time were involved in these projects!