I have a hard time throwing things away.
I had accumulated a generous pile of painted muslin
used to mop up paint spills.
(during other projects).
The fabrics were so pretty, but it took me
a while to come up with a project
in order to use the fabric.
I decided to cut off little pieces
and appliqued whimsical flowers
to torn scraps of vintage tablecloths and linens.
I stitched assorted beads around the edges...
and Swarovski crystals in some of the centers.
A different color in the center
with complimentary beads to make it pop.
It was very relaxing to stitch in front of the TV.
But my finished appliques began to pile up
before I could decide what I was going to do next.
I decided to quilt around the flowers,
using a mix of scraps that would frame
the applique projects as focal points.
The fabric pieces later turned into zippered totes,
which I have listed in my Etsy shop.
This project was an experiment dying crocheted scraps,
and later stitched and beaded like the other flowers.