2/08/2015

Creating a shabby chic bag with scraps




Chores done, a snowy weekend, and time on my hands.
I gathered some linen and denim scraps,
and decided to have a little fun.


I decided to make a rectangle bag,
with squared off corners.

I cut up this thin white linen 
which probably was used as a tablecloth, or bedspread.

I lined the bag with blue denim,
and added one simple white denim pocket.


I save my paint stained muslin
used to mop up spills from other projects,
I chose some blues and greens to
 applique this whimsical flower,
which I placed off center on the front
of the bag,


A denim patch pocket is sewn on the back, 
also sewn off center,



A close up of the focal point.



The back pocket needed a little embellishing.


This is a closeup of the bead work
to add dimension to the flower.

This tote has been added to my etsy shop

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Love the beading on this - what a fun bag!