1/02/2017

Raiding the fabric scrap bin...



I have a HUGE stash of fabric scraps.
So I decided to challenge myself
to make something functional.


I started sewing strips across a strip of batting remnant.
Sometimes zig zagging, sometimes just straight stitch.


I pulled together similar colors,
but I was very random for the most part.


Once the batting was totally covered,
I started auditioning these little Victorian ladies
printed out on fabric.

Then out came the "other" stashes....

Vintage buttons
Lace
Beads
Sequins 
Floss
Sari Ribbon
Zippers


No pattern was used.
I just squared off a front and back.

Added a Zipper, handle, lining and Sari Ribbon.

I am feeling very productive.

Now to get back to reducing that pile of scraps!

No comments: